Year: c. 1962
Displacement: 175 cc
Engine type: 4-stroke / ohv
Frame number: 104/1419
Engine number: 104/1419
Founded in 1909 by Giuseppe Gilera in Milan, the Gilera company's first machine was a 317cc OHV engine with belt drive to the rear wheel. Most other models were SV until he reverted to OHV in 1926.
Giuseppe began his working life at the age of 15 with Bianchi and later worked with Moto-Rève, among others. Gilera acquired rights to the Rondine four cylinder engine in 1935, which marked the beginning of a 40-year stretch of racing victories and the adoption of the configuration by a great many other marques including MV Agusta. The Gilera marque was acquired by Piaggio, who closed the Arcore factory in 1993 ending a remarkable chapter of motorcycling history which endured for 84 years.
This bike is a project with no big missing parts.
The motorcycle has been stored untouched in a building for many of years.